Friday, September 7, 2012

http://www.ascanationalmodel.org/content.asp?contentid=54

Without seeming to be "well obviously" This is the first website that I go to when I am stumped or looking for specific information related to school counseling. The "Ask an Expert" tab has a wealth of information.  I have learned that some websites are vague or flat out wrong and trust this site completely.  I have found myself on this site http://www.ada.gov with colleagues this semester as well and have found it's resources very helpful in instances when working with special needs students at the college level.

2 comments:

  1. Eric, when I completed my first practicum course in 2007, I received the subscription to the ASCA journal. I enjoyed reading the articles that came in the journal. I am so glad you mentioned this website. As a counselor, it is important to have reliable, professional resources to support one's counseling program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like it could be useful. There is so much junk on the internet these days. I am always so leary about trusting anything. However, being a government publication it looks to be pretty reliable, and much quicker to access than digging through manuals.

    ReplyDelete