Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Weekend

Our Weekend Started by making apple butter at my mothers home where I grew up in Greenup County.
 
 
Bobby keeping the apple butter from sticking
 After the sugar, cinnamon, and food color is added our 40 gallon copper kettle is about to overflow!
 133 quarts of apple butter and this is what the friends and family get for the holidays!

 The day wasn't done until some of the apple juice went into a pot on the stove to make apple Jelly!
 
 We also took the time to bottle the strawberry wine we made in the spring...It's not the best we have made but is great in sangria.

 Then it was time to relax and have some cool Pumpkin ale with orange slices
 
 And then it was time for a nap!!

1 comment:

  1. I know this has nothing to do with our class and I wanted to see if I could post pictures.

    ReplyDelete